I love W.P. Young's interpretation of the turning:
- Humans created to find essence in face-to-face love/trust relationship with God.
- "The Fall" is the turning from that relationship.
- Eve's presence, after God declare it's not good from man to be alone and proceeding to draw out the feminine from Adam, is the catalyst to return man to that relationship (eventually with the Messiah).
- But man chooses to 'return' to where he came, the ground, to found his worth but meet resistance (stress, ect.) because it's no there. Hence, men tend to find their value in what they create with their hands.
- Woman 'returns' to where she came, the man, to find worth but meets resistance. Hello patriarchy and misogyny!